Breast reduction in Miami, also known by patients as “reduction mammoplasty“. The main objective is to achieve a size of breast more proportional to your body. It consists of remove excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin. Women who carry out this procedure are alleviate the discomfort associated with excessively large breasts (macromastia).
What is breast reduction surgery?
Breast reduction surgery is an operation to remove extra fat, tissue, and skin from your breasts.If you have large breasts that are out of proportion to the rest of your body and causing neck pain, back pain, or other symptoms, you may be considering breast reduction surgery.
Most women who get breast reduction in Miami are very satisfied with the results. Men with conditions such as gynecomastia (in which male breasts are abnormally enlarged) may also have it.
Benefits of breast reduction surgery
- Improve the appearance of breasts
- Remove excess breast fat, glandular tissue and skin
- Alleviate the discomfort associated with excessively large breasts (macromastia)
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
Ideal candidates for breast reduction
- You are physically healthy and you aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are bothered by feeling that your breasts are too large
- You have breasts that limit your physical activity
- You experience back, neck and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have shoulder indentations from bra straps
- You have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
How much does breast reduction cost in Miami?
The cost of breast reduction in Miami ranges from $2,500 to $7,500, according to statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The Secret Plastic Surgery offers several plastic surgery financing options, such as Alphaeon, Care Credit among others. We offer you great discounts, because our priority is our patient. We allow you to pay for your surgery in up to one year with 0% interest with as little as a $ 500 deposit to set the price.
Call The Secret Plastic Surgery today at (786) 901-7788
to help you with your breast reduction financing options.
Breast reduction costs are based on:
- Plastic Surgeon experience
- Prescriptions for medication
- Post-surgery garments
- Medical tests
Breast reduction consultation with the surgeon
Before the surgery, you’ll meet with your surgeon to talk about your medical history, including whether you’ve had a lump removed from your breast or have any other medical conditions that affect your breasts. Your surgeon will also ask about your family’s medical history.
Be completely open with the surgeon about your medical history and why you want a breast reduction in Miami. Be prepared to discuss any emotional issues you’ve dealt with regarding your breasts, how your breasts have physically felt to you, and any physical conditions you’ve had.
The surgeon may take photos of your breasts, measure them, and talk with you about how much breast tissue will need to be removed to achieve your goal. You will also learn about preparing for the surgery and planning for your recovery. You may get a mammogram and breast exam before the surgery.
During your consultation, your surgeon will ask about your habits, including whether you smoke and what medications you take. You may have to quit smoking for a period before and after surgery to ensure proper healing. You also may have to stop taking certain medications, including aspirin or other anti-inflammatory drugs such as Motrin or Aleve. Your surgeon will give you instructions about what you need to do.
Find a good plastic surgeon for your breast reduction procedure
Preparing for a breast reduction surgery
- Get a blood test
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin and certain anti-inflammatory drugs as they can increase bleeding
- Stop taking recreational drugs, such as cocaine
- Get a baseline mammogram before surgery and another one after surgery to help detect any future changes in your breast tissue.
- Breast reduction surgery should be performed in an accredited outpatient or ambulatory surgical center or a hospital. This is for your safety. If your surgeon has an informal setting, he or she may not be a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Breast reduction surgery process
Medications are administered for your comfort during breast reduction surgery. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best choice for you.
- A circular pattern around the areola.
The incision lines that remain are visible and permanent scars, although usually well concealed beneath a swimsuit or bra.
- A keyhole or racquet-shaped pattern with an incision around the areola and vertically down to the breast crease.
- An inverted T or anchor-shaped incision pattern.
- A circular pattern around the areola.
Removing tissue and repositioning
After the incision is made, the nipple (which remains tethered to its original blood and nerve supply) is then repositioned. The areola is reduced by excising skin at the perimeter, if necessary.
Underlying breast tissue is reduced, lifted and shaped. Occasionally, for extremely large pendulous breasts, the nipple and areola may need to be removed and transplanted to a higher position on the breast (free nipple graft).
Closing the incisions
The incisions are brought together to reshape the now smaller breast. Sutures are layered deep within the breast tissue to create and support the newly shaped breasts; sutures, skin adhesives and/or surgical tape close the skin. Incision lines are permanent, but in most cases will fade and significantly improve over time.
See the results
The results of breast reduction in Miami are immediately visible.
What are the risks of breast reduction?
- Allergies to tape, suture materials and glues, blood products, topical preparations or injectable agents
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Breast asymmetry
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation, which may be temporary
- Excessive firmness of the breast
- Fluid accumulation
- Pain, which may persist
- Poor wound healing
- Unfavorable scarring