Ear surgery or Otoplasty
Otoplasty in Miami, also known to patients as “ear surgery” improves the shape or proportion of the ear. At birth, a defect in the structure of the ear may be present, this can be corrected by an otoplasty. Ear surgery can also treat deformed ears from injury.
What is otoplasty or ear surgery?
Ear surgery, also known as otoplasty, can improve the shape, position or proportion of the ear. A defect in the ear structure that is present at birth or that becomes apparent with development can be corrected by otoplasty. This procedure can also treat misshapen ears caused by injury.
Otoplasty creates a more natural shape while bringing balance and proportion to the ears and face. Correction of even minor deformities can have profound beneﬁts to appearance and self-esteem. If protruding or disﬁgured ears bother you or your child, you may consider plastic surgery.
Benefits of ear surgery or otoplasty in Miami
- Overly large ears – a condition called macrotia
- Protruding ears occurring on one or both sides in varying degrees – not associated with hearing loss
- Adult dissatisfaction with previous ear surgery
- Improve the appearance of face.
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence.
Ideal candidates for ear surgery or otoplasty in Miami
- Ear that protrudes excessively
- Misshapen ears caused by injury
- Healthy, without a life-threatening illness or untreated chronic ear infections
- Generally 5 years old, or when a child’s ear cartilage is stable enough for correctioned
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
How much does otoplasty cost in Miami?
The cost of otoplasty in Miami ranges from $2000 to $5000, according to statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The Secret Plastic Surgery offers several plastic surgery financing options, such as Alphaeon, Care Credit among others. We offer you great discounts, because our priority is our patient. We allow you to pay for your surgery in up to one year with 0% interest with as little as a $ 500 deposit to set the price.
Otoplasty costs are based on:
- Plastic Surgeon experience
- Medical tests
- Prescriptions for medication
- Post-surgery garments
Otoplasty in Miami consultation with the plastic surgeon
It is very important that you ask your plastic surgeon all questions about the otoplasty procedure. You’ll be asked a number of questions about your health, desires and lifestyle.
- Previous surgeries
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and previous medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use.
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs
- Discuss your ear surgery options
- Discuss likely outcomes of ear surgery and any risks or potential complications
Find a good plastic surgeon for your otoplasty Miami procedure
Preparing for a otoplasty Miami surgery
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Stop smoking well in advance of surgery
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
Ear surgery or Otoplasty should be performed in an accredited office-based surgical facility, licensed ambulatory surgical center or a hospital.
Otoplasty procedure process
Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure. The choices include local, intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best choice for you.
Correction of protruding ears uses surgical techniques to create or increase the antihelical fold (just inside the rim of the ear) and to reduce enlarged conchal cartilage (the largest and deepest concavity of the external ear). Incisions for otoplasty are generally made on the back surface of the ear. When incisions are necessary on the front of the ear, they are made within its folds to hide them. Internal, nonremovable sutures are used to create and secure the newly shaped cartilage in place.
Closing the incisions
External stitches close the incision. Techniques are individualized, taking care not to distort other structures and to avoid an unnatural “pinned back” appearance.
See the results
Ear surgery offers near immediate results in cases of protruding ears, visible once the dressings that support the new shape of the ear during initial phases of healing are removed. With the ear permanently positioned closer to the head, surgical scars are either hidden behind the ear or well hidden within the natural creases of the ear.
What are the risks of otoplasty?
- Allergies to tape, suture materials, glues, blood products, topical preparations or injected agents
- Anesthesia risks
- Bleeding (hematoma)
- Change in skin sensation
- Pain, which may persist
- Poor wound healing
- Possibility of revisional surgery
- Skin contour irregularities
- Skin discoloration/swelling
- Unfavorable scarring