Eyelid or Blepharoplasty Miami
Eyelid at The Secret Plastic Surgery in Miami
Eyelid surgery in Miami, also known to patients as “blepharoplasty” improves the appearance of your face. It can also correct functional problems with your eyelids. Eyelid surgery can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes.
What is Eyelid?
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids or functional problems with your eyelids. Eyelid Miami surgery can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes and give you a more youthful appearance. Surgery can be performed on the upper lids, lower lids or both.
Benefits of eyelid Miami surgery
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
Ideal candidates for eyelid in Miami
Eyelid Surgery or blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure, and with it comes risks. So you need to be in good health before you get it. Remember that the eyelids are part of the face. The appearance of a drooping upper lid may also be due to relaxation of the forehead skin and eyebrow. Sometimes stretching out of the upper eyelid muscle may cause a drooping eyelid. This is called eyelid ptosis and requires a different surgical treatment. That means you must at least:
- You are physically healthy
- You don’t smoke
- Individuals without serious eye conditions
How much does eyelid cost in Miami?
The cost of eyelid in Miami ranges from $2000 to $5000, according to statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The Secret Plastic Surgery offers several plastic surgery financing options, such as Alphaeon, Care Credit among others. We offer you great discounts, because our priority is our patient. We allow you to pay for your surgery in up to one year with 0% interest with as little as a $ 500 deposit to set the price.
Call The Secret Plastic Surgery today at (786) 901-7788
to help you with your eyelid financing options.
Eyelid costs are based on:
- Plastic Surgeon experience
- Medical tests
- Prescriptions for medication
Eyelid in Miami consultation with the plastic surgeon
It is very important that you ask your plastic surgeon all questions about the eyelid procedure. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement about your anticipated new look or a little pre-operative stress.
- Previous surgeries
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and previous medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use.
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine and measure your face
- Take photographs
- Discuss your eyelid surgery options
- Discuss likely outcomes of a eyelid surgery and any risks or potential complications
Find a good plastic surgeon for your eyelid procedure
Preparing for a eyelid Miami surgery
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Stop smoking
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
Eyelid or Blepharoplasty should be performed in an accredited office-based surgical facility, licensed ambulatory surgical center or a hospital.
Eyelid procedure process
Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure. The choices include intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best choice for you.
The incision lines for eyelid surgery are designed so the resultant scars will be well concealed within the natural structures of the eyelid region.
The upper eyelid can be corrected through an incision within the natural crease on the eyelid. This allows for removal or repositioning of fat deposits, tightening of muscles and removal of excess skin.
Conditions of the lower eyelid may be corrected with an incision just below the lower lash line. Through this incision, excess skin in the lower eyelid is removed. Again, the excess fat can be repositioned or removed.
A transconjunctival incision, created on the inside of the lower eyelid, is an alternate technique to correct lower eyelid conditions and redistribute or remove excess fat. With this technique, no skin is removed.
Closing the incisions
Eyelid incisions typically are closed with sutures or skin glue. Sutures are removed within one week.
Your surgeon may also suggest use of a laser or chemical peel to reduce discoloration of the lower eyelids.
See the results
The results of eyelid surgery will appear gradually as swelling and bruising subside to reveal a smooth, better-defined eyelid and surrounding region, and a more alert and rejuvenated appearance.
What are the risks of eyelid?
- Anesthesia risks
- Bleeding from the incision lines
- Changes in skin sensation or numbness of the eyelashes
- Difficulty closing your eyes
- Dryness to the eyes
- Ectropion, an outward rolling of the lower eyelid
- Lid lag, a pulling down of the lower eyelid, may occur and is often temporary
- Pain, which may persist